Post about your favourite artists here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By static14
#107618 Again @Evan I’ve said it a thousand times but you really need to post more . :)
By Mateo Sanboval
EvanCampbell wrote:Between the deep hash comas and fighting with the landlord it's tough....but I will try.

Those excuses sound to me like two more stories you need to share.
By deafmetal
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
EvanCampbell wrote:Between the deep hash comas and fighting with the landlord it's tough....but I will try.

Those excuses sound to me like two more stories you need to share.

Indeed, it almost sounds like the beginning of a plot outline for Bubba Ho-Tep 2.
By EvanCampbell
corpse teeth.jpg

Worked a little more on this one. Trimmed and burned the seam lines, made a little set of acrylic teeth
and put some glass eyes I had in.
corpse teeth 2.jpg

Need to fill in some little imperfections and then I can finally paint the thing and put hair on it.
I will distress the teeth and eyes according to how far I go with the color on the head.
By Hatter313
#107877 This is great, I've been studying your pics pretty hard core looking at the shapes you get out of stuff, hope to share something new soon.
By EvanCampbell
#107895 Scott - that deserves a gif response if I knew the secrets to that.

Bez - Thanks a bunch for the kindly words. Glad you are digging the pics. I look forward to working on this when I get a chance. One aspect is I know you guys appreciate this kind of stuff. Makes it fun to post here.

Hatter 313 - I am happy that in some way I am encouraging that old flame you had for sculpture. I look forward to seeing your work. Just have fun with it and no pressure. Just simple fun.
By Mateo Sanboval
EvanCampbell wrote:Bez - Thanks a bunch for the kindly words. Glad you are digging the pics. I look forward to working on this when I get a chance. One aspect is I know you guys appreciate this kind of stuff. Makes it fun to post here.

That goes both ways, Brother Evan. I know I check in a bit more when you're on a bender, artistic or otherwise.
By Hatter313
#107899 I think that’s whats been so nice about coming back to it now, it’s just for me, no pressure. If I get an Idea I can set some time aside and work at it, if it ebbs for a bit there’s no one looking for results: nice to have a tactile hobby again haha.

I had to do some repair work to this guy, thought I could get away with leaving the armature in and there was some cracking around the jaw line. It kind of made his face a little more interesting, so I’m pretty pleased with the stylized way he came out.

1BF14B4F-2A21-4181-8A01-4DFB995C622D.jpeg
Last edited by Hatter313 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hatter313
#107900 Another angle, pics are proving consistently too large to post from my phone for some reason lately

D9C1F5B0-1344-4598-969C-4CCA204CB945.jpeg
By Hatter313
EvanCampbell wrote:Hatter - Nice...I am kind of getting a Poe vibe to the face for some reason...an angry Poe. :)

Ha, well spotted. he had hair at first but the head shape was coming off too flat, and there was absolutely a Poe resemblance. When i re-sculpted the top of his head i decided i liked him better bald and didn't redo the hair.