General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By Mateo Sanboval
#109266
tim28212 wrote:Tangerine Dream – Cyclone
Virgin International – VI 2097

I've never heard this one. What's its story?
User avatar
By frozeneyeball
#109527
E0042174-60EA-48B0-A34F-1DE0DBF24AF3.jpeg
Hi. I haven’t posted here in quite a while but I just wanted to share something that I think you guys would really dig which is the new album by Beak. Their last album was the score for Couple in a Hole and it was great, but this, thier 3rd “proper” album is their best. I’ve just listened to it twice back to back and wow.

Freaking album of the year for me!!

Sorry for not posting in ages.
User avatar
By zuko
#109707
frozeneyeball wrote: Hi. I haven’t posted here in quite a while but I just wanted to share something that I think you guys would really dig which is the new album by Beak. Their last album was the score for Couple in a Hole and it was great, but this, thier 3rd “proper” album is their best. I’ve just listened to it twice back to back and wow.


Yep, loving this! Invada are knocking it out of the park it at the moment with this and the Mandy score.
User avatar
By Mateo Sanboval
#109712
Bezulsqy wrote:Good seeing you again @Frozen!

Ditto. Miss your face around here.

Or at least your eye.
User avatar
By ScoJo
#110069 Unreleased Lee Hazelwood surf LP, under the name WOODCHUCKS (on LitA)

Fantastic versions of familiar tunes including Les Baxter bangers, and one of my all-time fave Jack Nitzsche cuts 'Baja' (his version is on The Lonely Surfer - turns out it's a LH composition!)

File 04-10-2018, 14 46 29.jpeg
User avatar
By tim28212
#110203
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
tim28212 wrote:Tangerine Dream – Cyclone
Virgin International – VI 2097

I've never heard this one. What's its story?


Early TD, released in 1978. One of the few TD released that has vocals on a couple of tracks.

User avatar
By ScoJo
#110210
tim28212 wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
tim28212 wrote:Tangerine Dream – Cyclone
Virgin International – VI 2097

I've never heard this one. What's its story?


Early TD, released in 1978. One of the few TD released that has vocals on a couple of tracks.



The anticipation level on this response was exquisite. You're a born showman Tim ;)
User avatar
By Mateo Sanboval
#110227 @Tim - Thanks for getting back to me.

@ScoJo - It was a tense few weeks.

@Static - Yesssssss.
User avatar
By tim28212
#110279 I knew you guys were just waiting! Checking every day for my response. :)

I all honesty, I get very few emails when someone makes a post here. I use to get an email every time,now hardly ever.

Today's first spin I owe to Scojo for mention this a while back. I pulled it to play and I'm just now getting to it. I forget how good it is.
Fleetwood Mac ‎– Tusk
Warner Bros. Records ‎– 2HS 3350
1979
Image
User avatar
By inksb
#110287 ScoJo, it's impossible for that quote to be sad. Every time Fleetwood comes up I quote it as well, most people don't get it (especially since that show isn't nearly as popular over here) but my wife and one of my friends usually give a little smile when it's said.