A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
#106267 Image

I had a lot of fun with this film. It's not a good movie by any means but I love giant mech and monster films. All of the fights were done in daylight, no hiding bad CG with darkness. The effects were pretty damn impressive. The only thing I didn't care for was a weird montage in the middle of the film with bad music and some shoddy camera "tricks"
By inksb
#106278 Image
This film is a special one. It's just so jam packed with absurdity you can't look away. Opening ninja battle on golf course? Check. Ninja smoke vanish? Check (he buried himself!) 80's aerobics? Check 80's hair? Check. Ninja with eyepatch? Check. Oh and why the hell not, lets throw in possession, an exorcism, flying swords made of what looks to be cardboard. Only Cannon films could pull this off. I love it. I'll have to pick up Scream Factory's new release of it on blu.
By Mateo Sanboval
#106292 There is a legendary cut scene from the Sho Kosugi flashback sequence that is purported to contain an epic and violent fight sequence. Supposedly now lost, a few fans were holding out hope that it would be included in some fashion on the new SF BD, but, alas, it is not. A really fun film through and through.
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote:There is a legendary cut scene from the Sho Kosugi flashback sequence that is purported to contain an epic and violent fight sequence. Supposedly now lost, a few fans were holding out hope that it would be included in some fashion on the new SF BD, but, alas, it is not. A really fun film through and through.

Is this the one where it shows how he lost his eye? I think I remember some one talking about this at some point, saying he was supposed to have a larger role in the film.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:There is a legendary cut scene from the Sho Kosugi flashback sequence that is purported to contain an epic and violent fight sequence. Supposedly now lost, a few fans were holding out hope that it would be included in some fashion on the new SF BD, but, alas, it is not. A really fun film through and through.

Is this the one where it shows how he lost his eye? I think I remember some one talking about this at some point, saying he was supposed to have a larger role in the film.

Exactly so. Cannon was purportedly stuck between the popularity of Sho's previous two Ninja films for them and the popularity of late addition of Breakin' heartthrob Lucinda Dickey. In post, they decided to feature her storyline and accentuate the then-contemporary feel of the film. The result is as we know it today. But Sho initially had, and partially shot, a much larger role.
By J.R.
#106397 My recent watches have been Mondo Topless, The Hole and Tenebrae for my website, and just purchased Ready Player One and the new Pacific Rim film yesterday, so ill throw them on the To Watch Pile.
By Bezulsqy
deafmetal wrote:
ScoJo wrote:
deafmetal wrote:Image
Fucked.

For me? Both.

:-I

Exactly. The film really shocked me at one point. I went into it without any spoilers, and that was probably for the best. It felt very heavy in tone and was slow-burning for the most part, but the two hours passed quickly. Some of the imagery has really stuck in my head. The score was suitably creepy, and feels like it serviced the film quite well. I will probably give it a standalone listen here soon. Still not sure what make of the entire effort though... it got some great reactions out of me though.

We went to see this yesterday. In the end I was disappointed. For some reason or another I thought this was going to be scary as hell.
I loved how it was made. The locations, the characters. As @Deaf said it had some great imagery that still sticks in my head. The scene during dinner between mother and son was one of the best for me.
I do not understand why some reviewers would give this 5/5 and put it next to The Exorcist. I prefer The Witch above this one. That one made me a bit depressed. This one not so much. 3,5/5 I would rate it.
Score sounded spot on. I would get it on vinyl.
By inksb
#106428 Not film but film adjacent, I watched the first season of Wolf Creek. I enjoyed this a lot more than the second Wolf Creek film. Any one who likes the Mick Taylorcharacter should check it out (John Jarret is excellent as usual), well worth your time. It's on Shudder right now.
By Bezulsqy
#106532 Because of the release of the score on vinyl by Spun Out Of Control minutes ago.

By Bezulsqy
#106535 ^ Let's say the score is the best part of the movie and leave it at that.

Now spaghetti western number 28.

By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote:Image

Ooh did it hit Shudder already @Bez, or are you watching elsewhere/VOD?
By ScoJo
#106565 What did you make of it, all hype aside?
Managed to locate and view myself last night.
I'll say this for now- having now seen, I'm pretty confident I could draw Lutz's 'peachy' ass from memory!
(haven't witnessed such absurd level of Rear Worship since The Shallows...)
By Bezulsqy
#106567 Haha. Yes, that was some worshipping. I liked the movie as a whole. But I found it very hard to get over the fact she got up after that fall. It was way less brutal than I thought it would be. I find it hard to say anything profound about the movie. It was the best movie of the three that I watched yesterday but that isn’s saying much :-)
7 out of 10?
By inksb
#106610 It was shot beautifully though, the cinematography was fantastic. I just embraced the absurdity of the film after that certain point. It was pretty obvious they were not going for realism. I liked it and would probably say 7/10 is pretty accurate.
By static14
#106613 That’s right, we bad.
By inksb
#106627 Image

This is a truly wonderful film. It's been two days and I already want to watch it again. Basically a date goes truly crazy and an adventure ensues. It's a beautiful film with an excellent soundtrack. I love hearing Elton utilized during the era these songs came out, not being used for nostalgia but as modern pop music. There's a great bluray that came out earlier this year (I think) from Scorpion Releasing. Highly recommended.