A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
#105878 @inksb: I watched House on Sorority Row last year. Loved it.
This year I am mixing spaghetti western viewing with 80's horror.
Slasherwise I have seen Prom Night, Night School, Happy Birthday to Me, The Dorm that Dripped Blood, Slumber Party Massacre, Graduation Day and The Initiation.
Final Exam is on my list for the next month or so.

This evening I'll start with my 22nd spaghetti western of the year: Sergio Corbucci's Navajo Joe. Brilliant score by the great Leo Nichols ;-)

By Hatter313
#105881 Navajo Joe is a top 5 SW for me. I love this flick...and yes Mr....Nichol's....Score is pure gold, and frankly a top 5 for him as well for me.
By Bezulsqy
Hatter313 wrote:Navajo Joe is a top 5 SW for me. I love this flick...and yes Mr....Nichol's....Score is pure gold, and frankly a top 5 for him as well for me.

Yes, I can easily see why it is rated as highly as it is. Great SW.

Just finished watching this:

Bob Balaban's 1989 Parents. Score by Jonathan Elias.
What a brilliant movie. And fantastic score. Highly recommended. Why is that score not released yet? Absolutely killer.

-edit-
Found this:
http://www.13chills.com/13chills2013_04parents.html

I did not now it was Badalamenti who made part of this score.
The director/producer weren’t excited by the score that Angelo had done and came to me. I tried to keep some of Angelo’s work and feel that I successfully added a very experimental quality to the movie while keeping sections of his score intact. I am a fan of Angelo’s work and I am happy I was able to bridge that gap. It again wasn’t a very popular movie, but it’s definitely an interesting score.

Anyways: someone release this score pronto!
By Mateo Sanboval
#105891 Though I've been aware of it since my youth, I've still never seen Parents.
By inksb
#105897 I still need to watch Parents. It's been on my list for a while.

I've had this one for well over a year and finally watched it. A very well done small film. I really like the main actress in it. The concept while not new was interesting to watch unfold.

And then it was time to fall asleep so I put on this....
I haven't seen it in over a decade, bad idea, I watched the whole thing.
By Bezulsqy
#105903 Spaghetti western number 23 is Robert Hossein's 1969 Une Corde, un Colt a.k.a. Cemetery Without Crosses.
Score by André Hossein

Some trivia from the Spaghetti western database:
- Film is dedicated to Sergio Leone who also directed the dinner scene of the movie.
- Sergio Leone was supposed to play the role of the hotel desk clerk in the film but was eventually replaced by Chris Huerta. Christopher Frayling now admits that when he reviewed Leone's performance in the movie, he was watching a very bad print, and didn't realise that he had mistaken Chris Huerta for Sergio Leone. However, he maintains that "everyone" he spoke to when researching his book on Leone, claims that Leone played the part for the cameras. If we are to believe "everyone", then maybe Leone's version of the hotel clerk scene was shot but not used, and instead replaced by Chris Huerta's version of the role.
- Dario Argento is credited as a co-writer in most international prints, but has according to Hossein nothing to do with the film.
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:- Dario Argento is credited as a co-writer in most international prints, but has according to Hossein nothing to do with the film.

Now that is weird.
By Bezulsqy
#105908 In anticipation of Waxwork's release. And I haven't seen this in 15 years.

By ScoJo
inksb wrote:I still need to watch Parents. It's been on my list for a while.

I've had this one for well over a year and finally watched it. A very well done small film. I really like the main actress in it. The concept while not new was interesting to watch unfold.

Ahh,Honeymoon is a really spiffy little film, loved it! Might be ready for a rewatch actually.
By chiefbrody
#105925 I tend to avoid trailers on YouTube, etc, but I had to watch this straight away. I like it looks 'authentic', also that it looks like they won't be killing off JLC after 8.5 minutes. I'm in.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek1ePFp-nBI

Halloween Trailer is out. I like the idea of Laurie Strode being a bad ass, I'm in. My ass will be in the theater on release night.

I'll be there as well; I like everyone involved in this film, but...that trailer didn't do much for me.
By static14
#105932 I’ve watched the trailer like 6 times all ready. I’m very, very excited for this.
By Hatter313
#105948 I wasn’t super hyped up by it, but more importantly I wasn’t let down by anything I saw, it looks like a solid sequel, true to the spirit of the series, that I’m sure I’ll be more than pleased with. I also hold H20 in fairly high regard, so I’m all for another anniversary retcon sequel where Laurie gets yet another alternate story, fine by me.
By maxlevel
#105949 More Halloween! Love it.

Started watching Get Shorty tv series. Soundtrack is mostly percussion, style feels like Birdman and some nifty camerawork going on!
By ScoJo
#105971 oh btw-

Anyone fancy doing some on-brand sync screenings in the run up to the new Halloween? Maybe 1,2 and 4?

Just throwing down some seeds
By static14
#105972 Ummmmmmmmmm. Fuck yes!! Sorry for the cursing.
By Mateo Sanboval
static14 wrote:Ummmmmmmmmm. Fuck yes!! Not sorry for the cursing.
By Hatter313
#105998 Yesterday was a lazy watch movies day

Poltergiest
Poltergeist remake (not terrible, but thoroughly unnecessary)
Insidious 4 (I dug it, they are losing steam but I like the characters so I’m down)
And...back to a school

Extra credit for who can name the small character detail that connects the original poltergiest to back to school