Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
Dollarhyde wrote:
Revolver_OcelScott wrote:Image

MegaZone 23 part 1! Great spin!
An amazing proto matrix anime, great soundtrack too! Check the trailer.

https://youtu.be/KwzxpJxKq4Y

"Where a guy with a cool bike could get laid all summer long."

PS - Cool Streets Of Fire poster.
PPS - Dollar wasn't joshing, The Matrix undoubtedly lifted from this film.
By Dollarhyde
#110430 @mateo

There is a bunch of really beautifully crafted (not sure if it actually is) 'product placement' in the first two ovas at least. Typically I recommend watching the sub rather than the dub. But that English voiceover is great :D.

Some of the ideas in these are way ahead of its time, not only the matrix thing but also everyone idolises Eve 'A celebrity popstar' who turns out to not be real but is actually AI. Virtual celebrities are now starting to become a reality.
By Mateo Sanboval
Dollarhyde wrote:@mateo

There is a bunch of really beautifully crafted (not sure if it actually is) 'product placement' in the first two ovas at least. Typically I recommend watching the sub rather than the dub. But that English voiceover is great :D.

Some of the ideas in these are way ahead of its time, not only the matrix thing but also everyone idolises Eve 'A celebrity popstar' who turns out to not be real but is actually AI. Virtual celebrities are now starting to become a reality.

I'm on the hunt for this thing tomorrow. I have to watch a bunch of new horror first, but then it's MegaZone time.
By Dollarhyde
Mateo Sanboval wrote:

I'm on the hunt for this thing tomorrow. I have to watch a bunch of new horror first, but then it's MegaZone time.

@mateo I got you covered ;) will pm you in the next few days.

PS

This guy gives a much better explanation of the whole MegaZone thing, and turned me on to it, along with some other brilliant 80's anime.

Great YouTuber!

https://youtu.be/EFhgHr-Bby0
By Mateo Sanboval
Dollarhyde wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:

@mateo I got you covered ;) will pm you in the next few days.

PS

This guy gives a much better explanation of the whole MegaZone thing, and turned me on to it, along with some other brilliant 80's anime.

Great YouTuber!

https://youtu.be/EFhgHr-Bby0

My man! Gracias.
By Revolver_OcelScott
#110437 Megazone 23 is so good. 1st one is so good, second one still good not as good and the 3rd is ok. I grabbed the OST for parts 1 and 2 off discogs for a pretty decent price and they were mint condition with obi and insert so I had to grab em.
By texasvinyl
#110465 Definitive edition of Colpo Rovente. Minus the badass original cover art. There are 14 previously unreleased cues, a few mixed into disc one and the rest on disc two. Where do you all think this ranks among the great Italian stuff? Definitely top 5 for me.
Attachments
IMG_20181014_102830289~2.jpg
By Hatter313
The Cult Leader wrote:I love the last track on the B side Viventi Live Suite! Reminds me of the show down in Austin a few years back. Frizzis music kills live..

20181015_172353.jpg

That was a great show