Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By milliondollars
#111511 finally was able to get my hands on this Boosey & Hawkes. had the mp3's for was too long so it was time to get physical...

on SBH 3034 you get the perfect sound from start to finish. mean fuzz riffs and some dirty organ side dish layed over driving and cinematic crime-jazz themes. one of those libraries that you can play up and down without skipping one tune. so underrated! i wish i had some more B&H knowledge. too many treasures buried behind those standard sleeves...

https://www.discogs.com/The-New-Concert ... se/4533125

20181107_211755_resized.jpg
Last edited by milliondollars on Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
By milliondollars
#111617 some rock-hard germanian kraut funk for me today! according to sleeve notes it is suitable for: Documentary and industrial underlays for current themes of modern life.

really don't know much about the composers and there is not much library they have made. all that i can say is they dropped a bomb with this record.

https://www.discogs.com/Peter-L%C3%BCde ... ase/830142

20181112_064532_resized.jpg
By deafmetal
milliondollars wrote:^ damn! this is so good once you get into it...buuuuy it!

Woah, this was not on my radar at all. I need to keep a better eye on Four Flies.
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:

Woah, this was not on my radar at all. I need to keep a better eye on Four Flies.

They're pretty great. I have about twenty of their releases. Used to have a few more, but I shifted the ones I wasn't listening to recently.
By ScoJo
deafmetal wrote:

I sampled the whole thing online, its flippin badass! Classic Sorghini stripped down signature rhythms with bubbling exotic eletronics... ooh hella yes. Been waiting for uk stocks to land
By milliondollars
#111826 over the weekend i degusted Africa Oscura like...

not too many Zoo Folle that i can hear in there. in my opinion some tracks from Gli Animali Che Simpatia come close. also i think it has a very similar vibe to M.Zalla's (Umiliani) Africa.

without all the comparison i think it is a great standalone album!

anyone else degusting?
By texasvinyl
#111867 "Rock Music"

Naturally, it is a killer late 70s jazz-funk record without a single guitar or rock song. Keys / drums / electric bass / tenor sax. I have to wonder what the intent really was. Nothing about this says "library record" or "these are supposed to be cues for ad spots or tv shows"... it feels like a standalone jazz album, and all of the tracks are 3+ minutes.
Attachments
IMG_20181120_222506969.jpg
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:"Rock Music"

Naturally, it is a killer late 70s jazz-funk record without a single guitar or rock song. Keys / drums / electric bass / tenor sax. I have to wonder what the intent really was. Nothing about this says "library record" or "these are supposed to be cues for ad spots or tv shows"... it feels like a standalone jazz album, and all of the tracks are 3+ minutes.

This sounds confounding yet potentially amazing. Are the tunes good? The musicianship?
By milliondollars
#111875 repost from LMT forum as this might be of interest for some of you...

so happy to have completed the Ediphon quartet. my most exhausting and thrilling search which led me carrying these togehter from all four corners of the world (literally) trading in my mom, my donkey and my cottage. it's fascinating how they were spread over the globe. i got only one from europe (italy). one from the states, one from japan and one from australia. it must feel like a family reunion for these sticking together after so many years. have tried to add all information and details to discogs database. have found out that the recordings of #2 and #4 come from one session from 1967.

https://www.discogs.com/label/820041-Ediphon-2

20181121_065347_resized.jpg
By Bezulsqy
milliondollars wrote:repost from LMT forum as this might be of interest for some of you...

so happy to have completed the Ediphon quartet. my most exhausting and thrilling search which led me carrying these togehter from all four corners of the world (literally) trading in my mom, my donkey and my cottage. it's fascinating how they were spread over the globe. i got only one from europe (italy). one from the states, one from japan and one from australia. it must feel like a family reunion for these sticking together after so many years. have tried to add all information and details to discogs database. have found out that the recordings of #2 and #4 come from one session from 1967.

https://www.discogs.com/label/820041-Ediphon-2

20181121_065347_resized.jpg

I have no idea of the importance of those records, but what a story @Million. Can you tell me more about why you needed to go to hell and back to get these (and want) these?
By milliondollars
#111881 haha @Bez! going to hell and back put's it quite well...

well, why do i feel the need to have these? some thoughts:

- of course first thing is the music! all of these have at least a handfull of tunes with the meanest psychedelic touch i have ever heard on library records. pure evil...
- the quality of these pressings is outstanding!
- those fragile and simple covers are just a treat for collectors like me.
- never seen a picture or heard anything about the two composers so they are a big mystery to me. thinking of those Ediphon sessions, these guys must have sold their souls to the devil or something. some real fascination behind these composers.
- from the collectors point of view the obscurity and rarity can hardly be surpassed so it gave me the motivation to seek out for them. apparently less then 10 copies of each are known to exist. can't tell if the pressing number was so low or if most of them were scrapped? maybe the second one. or boxes with hundreds of them still wait in a sarcophagus to be found in 1000 years...
- apparently one of them is so good and sought after that i got a funny and envious threatening message from a (well known?) instagram user after i have added the record to the discogs database. it seems like some seek out for these as if I were possessed by demons which explains those evil sessions once again, haha!
- last but not least it was fun to put those pieces together...
Last edited by milliondollars on Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Bezulsqy
#111882 Thanks for the insight @Million.
That world of library collecting is something else. Happy for you though. If someone deserves those records it is you!
By texasvinyl
#111901 Very nice @million. No idea why someone gives you grief over putting Ostinazioni on Discogs. Not like it will magically make copies appear, if anything it could mean a copy surfaces from a place that doesn't know what it is.
By Dollarhyde
#111918 Wow amazing stuff @million

But, are sure this is a good idea?

I mean, maybe someone had hidden these records as far away from each other as possible for a good reason!

Whatever you do don't listen to them during a full moon!
By Mateo Sanboval
Dollarhyde wrote:Wow amazing stuff @million

But, are sure this is a good idea?

I mean, maybe someone had hidden these records as far away from each other as possible for a good reason!

Whatever you do don't listen to them during a full moon!

Yeah! And don't get them wet or feed them after midnight either!
By sostark
milliondollars wrote:over the weekend i degusted Africa Oscura like...

not too many Zoo Folle that i can hear in there. in my opinion some tracks from Gli Animali Che Simpatia come close. also i think it has a very similar vibe to M.Zalla's (Umiliani) Africa.

without all the comparison i think it is a great standalone album!

anyone else degusting?

Just got my copy on Monday. It's amazing! I concur about the Zalla Africa comparison, although I do prefer it and Continente Nero. I haven't really gotten down with Zoo Folle, and I've slowed my purchasing of library reissues but this was definitely worth the purchase.