A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: Little Walter, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl, The Cult Leader

By Mateo Sanboval
#96224 Deaf is en fuego. Everyone stand back and let the man work.
By Hatter313
#96230 That's......that's fantastic, bravo hahaha.

Meanwhile I watched the first two episodes of the castlevania cartoon on Netflix....it's ok, not great, not terrible. I'm only two episodes in but I hope that we get some classic castlevania music at some point. I do like that it's going with castlevania 3, and I'm kind of hoping that if it does well enough they may do rondo into symphony as a story arc later on.
By static14
#96234 Some more LD viewing.

By deafmetal
#96383 @Hatter - I'm also giving this a try:

Edit: had no idea this was written by Warren Ellis. I like Richard Armitage voicing Trevor Belmont, along with a few other cursing rowdies from The Hobbit films. This is definitely pretty clunky early on, although the gore knob is dialed in pretty high, which feels like a nod toward classic anime. By episode three it's growing on me, and the corny dry humor from Belmont is working for me. Catching some references to classic Castlevania lore in parts, like Belmont wielding a boomerang-axe. Wrapping up the four episode season one now. Worth a watch if you're a hardcore fan, but I'm not going to say it's great material.
By ScoJo
image.jpeg

H2

The harshest thing in the whole series has gotta be the random innocent trick or treater who gets crashed, trashed n burned up against telegraph pole. Simply because of his unfortunately topical choice of 'stume. Yikes. You SHOULD feel bad, Loomis!
By static14
#96394 Isn't poor Ben Tramer mooshed between a car and a van?
By ScoJo
#96396 Y'know.....i don't know what heppened there. I saw the things,and for some reason said the other things.
Pretty damn Freudian if you ask me, havin telegraph poles on the brain.
By Hatter313
static14 wrote:Isn't poor Ben Tramer mooshed between a car and a van?

It is! i was just coming on to say that...poor guy.
By deafmetal
#96438 @hatter - If you can make it to the end of episode IV, there is a decent introduction of Alucard...

Zygote- Excellent new sci-fi/horror short film from Neill Blomkamp. Streaming on YouTube:

Check out the other short films from Oats Studios as well, they are goretastic.
By Dollarhyde
#96442 The Hourglass Sanatorium - Wojciech Has 1973

Wonderful surreal Polish Cinema, nice soundtrack.Im hearing too!
Attachments
_20170612_010505.JPG
By ScoJo
#96443 @Dollar -

Amazing film! The opening ten minutes alone.....sets, costume, photography, performance...just mesmerising.
By ScoJo
#96596 I'm 100% with you @deaf. Planning to watch this at midnight GMT tonight (7pm EST/4pm PST). Anyone care to join me, impromptu raise of the glass and a watch?
By Mateo Sanboval
#96597 I'd love to, ScoJ, but I'll be gainfully engaged at that hour. You can bet your hat that I'll be joining you both in spirit later this evening though.
By ScoJo
#96598 @Mateo -

Sure thing bruv - wasn't trying to suggest a 'bootleg' sync or nuffink, just thought i'd put it out there since I'm definitely going to be running my print this eve :)
By Hatter313
#96604 @ScoJo

Set up a thread, I may just join you in that.

Two mildly amusing Romero stories:

1. The head of my department in college was named Barbara...one day the finance people were coming down the hall to talk to her about the budget for the next semester. We heard them get off the elevator and the Office Admin yells down the hall...."Barbara they are coming for you! they are coming for you Barbara!" and we all had a good laugh as they walked by very confused.

2. Several years ago i discovered that scream factory had put out Knight Riders on blu ray. i walked over to what was then the final location of Kim's Video in the east village. Upon walking up to the cash register, the clerk behind the counter laughs and says "What is this movie? we only had two copies and Louis CK excitedly bought the other copy a few hours ago "
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:@ScoJo

Set up a thread, I may just join you in that.

Two mildly amusing Romero stories:

1. The head of my department in college was named Barbara...one day the finance people were coming down the hall to talk to her about the budget for the next semester. We heard them get off the elevator and the Office Admin yells down the hall...."Barbara they are coming for you! they are coming for you Barbara!" and we all had a good laugh as they walked by very confused.

2. Several years ago i discovered that scream factory had put out Knight Riders on blu ray. i walked over to what was then the final location of Kim's Video in the east village. Upon walking up to the cash register, the clerk behind the counter laughs and says "What is this movie? we only had two copies and Louis CK excitedly bought the other copy a few hours ago "

I always knew you were destined for greatness, Hatter.
By deafmetal
#96607 @ScoJo - with you in spirit, my friend.

Currently listening to the commentary track with Chris Romero, George Romero, and Tom Savini.
By Hatter313
#96609 Lol scratch that I'll be late getting home I think. I may marathon them over the weekend
By ScoJo
#96650 This damn movie scared the absolute piss out of me as a boy, I must have seen it around 6 or 7 years old. I still find it deeply troubling to this day and don't watch it often. I rate it right up there in Romero's filmography for that reason.
I didn't see Night or Dawn until I was in my teens, and just found them more 'cool' than terrifying, horror had already taken over my life by that point (in every imaginable way, haha!)

But man....just thinking about the title of this one genuinely puts my hairs on end.

File 19-07-2017, 19 10 55.jpeg