A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
#105319 the market sequence with the different dimensions was really cool, but oh man was the rest of it a miss on almost every level. too bad too, I'd love to have some more offbeat space opera from that era of comics.
By Mateo Sanboval
#105320 @Deaf - Mrs Sanboval, too.

@Inks - Same.

@Hatter - I enjoyed reading those books and, while I haven't made it as far as the installments upon which the film is based, I will likely continue to do so. In fact, apropos of nothing, I'm hearing the siren's call of a half-finished Tintin just this very moment...
By Hatter313
Mateo Sanboval wrote:@Deaf - Mrs Sanboval, too.

@Inks - Same.

@Hatter - I enjoyed reading those books and, while I haven't made it as far as the installments upon which the film is based, I will likely continue to do so. In fact, apropos of nothing, I'm hearing the siren's call of a half-finished Tintin just this very moment...

Love a good tintin, my grandfather had a bunch of them when i was growing up...now i'm wondering where they all went.
By ScoJo
#105333 ^ I could try and chime in here with a carefully crafted gem of meta-criticism, shot through with linguistic fireworks and perfectly honed put-downs.

This is a terrible, terrible film.
By Bezulsqy
#105399 My 21st spaghetti western also counts as a giallo. Mario Bianchi's 1972 Hai sbagliato... dovevi uccidermi subito! a.k.a. Kill the Poker Player
Score by Carlo Savina.

By Bezulsqy
#105404 ^ parts of that score have been used in other movies. Some sound very familiar... I wish I had a better memory. Last piece of music also is featured in Ombre Roventi
By static14
Bezulsqy wrote:Something completely different...

All day long.
By ScoJo
#105416 Anyone doing Westworld?

s2 is off to a killer start....and just started on e5, which looks like we're returning to 'East' World! ;-) Yessss!!!
By inksb
ScoJo wrote:Anyone doing Westworld?

s2 is off to a killer start....and just started on e5, which looks like we're returning to 'East' World! ;-) Yessss!!!

I've watched the first episode of S2 but haven't kept up. I have all the episodes queued up but the wife and I watch it together and we haven't had a lot of TV time toghether lately. So hopefully next week we'll get back to. Just finished up The Terror which I really enjoyed.

I watched Deodato's Cut & Run last night, I wasn't sure if I would dig it but I thought it was quite fun, way more violent than I anticiapted (guy getting ripped in half!). It was a fun 80's Italian action rip-off film. The new bluray from Code Red is pretty good looking, unrated scenes are SD due to them not being able to find film elements but it's not terrible. I liked Simonetti's score as well, nothing spectacular but I'd probably buy it if they released it.
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:Anyone doing Westworld?

I'm two EPs in and, so far, pretty disappointed. I've taken a few weeks off and will attempt to catch up this evening. High hopes of course.
By inksb
#105450 Last night's viewing

This film was way better than I anticipated. Linda Blair is pretty damn good, ends up being quite the badass, Linnea Quigley in a small role with no dialog but the entire plot hinges on events surrounding her. Pretty rough scene but I've had others tell me it's one of the worst they have ever seen, which I point every one to Irreversible as a counter point. Any one a fan of trashy 80's exploitation, check it out. The Code Red bluray is supposedly sold out so as of right now your only options would be DVD or streaming. I watched it on Amazon, the PQ was about DVD level and the AQ was horrible.
By inksb
#105489 Image
Pretty fun Women in Prison film. The part that I didn't like was the poor cats being thrown around and handled poorly. Any form of animal violence whether it's minor or full on killing bothers me.

Also watched this as well.

I've been hearing great things and I received a .99 rental from google play. It's brutal, the rape while mostly off screen is very tough (not a spoiler, it's the set up for film) to watch. The gore was top notch and cringe inducing at times. Recommended if you like revenge films. It's a rape-revenge film through a female directors lens.
By Bezulsqy
#105491 @inksb Thanks for the reviews. I haven’t seen any of those. So many exploitation movies, so little time.
By inksb
#105495 Agreed. My wife doesn't care as much for exploitation films so I watch a few movies a week with her and then she's in bed by 10 so I usually sneak in another piece of trash before I hit the pillow at 12-1. I have an unhealthy addiction to collecting blurays that's as bad if not worse than my music collecting.
By inksb
#105512 I would assume most of you who are into Exploitation films know this but just in case you don't, starting tomorrow and going until monday Vinegar Syndrome is having a half off almost everything sale on their website (this excludes the last few months of releases, but they will be on a slight sale). They usually have pretty good pricing on the shipping for both US and international. I'll be picking up a handful of releases, I usually get 4-5 every time they do one of these (which is twice a year).