Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By texasvinyl
#89171 Fez reissue arrived today. Still in stock at Polytron. First run was 1000 on orange vinyl with gold foil accents. This is 1000 on white vinyl with silver foil accents. I don't have the first press (not many seem to have been resold!) but this one looks great and sounds decent. Couple crackles here and there, not too much to spoil the fun though.
Attachments
IMG_20161129_213220.jpg
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#89172 Also for those not on the mailing list, Panzer Dragoon and Revenge of Shinobi go on sale Saturday at Data Discs. I'm sure Mondo will distribute some of the retail editions soon.
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#89262 The new Hideo Kojima game that's in the works looks, and sounds!, Absolutely incrediballz!!

No doubt this will eventually get a vinyl release,who ever does it, please do it justice.
Check the teaser in the twitter link below.

DEATH STRANDING

http://twitter.com/thegameawards/status ... 1042774017
By craiged
#89314
texasvinyl wrote:Fez reissue arrived today. Still in stock at Polytron. First run was 1000 on orange vinyl with gold foil accents. This is 1000 on white vinyl with silver foil accents. I don't have the first press (not many seem to have been resold!) but this one looks great and sounds decent. Couple crackles here and there, not too much to spoil the fun though.


Looks nice, I managed to get a copy of the original orange when a few popped up quickly on Transmissions site. Looked to get this repress as well but the shipping to the UK ruled that out!
User avatar
By Vapormeyer
#90750 Anyone listened to the 'Headlander' soundtrack via iam8bit? It's fantastic. I'm normally so bored of synth stuff but this is great. The full soundtrack is available to listen to on Youtube and there's a huge nod to the 'Silent Running' soundtrack at 40mins in. Well worth a listen. I'm not a fan of iam8bit's silly three month preorders but a few of their releases lately have knocked it out of the park (Rez Infinite in particular) and 'The Last Guardian' soundtrack is orchestral heaven (amazing game too).
User avatar
By Vapormeyer
#90751
texasvinyl wrote:Fez reissue arrived today. Still in stock at Polytron. First run was 1000 on orange vinyl with gold foil accents. This is 1000 on white vinyl with silver foil accents. I don't have the first press (not many seem to have been resold!) but this one looks great and sounds decent. Couple crackles here and there, not too much to spoil the fun though.


Absolutely adore this soundtrack, so creative. I was going to pay over the odds before i saw a repress in the works, really glad i waited.
User avatar
By reddye6
#90752
Vapormeyer wrote:Anyone listened to the 'Headlander' soundtrack via iam8bit? It's fantastic. I'm normally so bored of synth stuff but this is great. The full soundtrack is available to listen to on Youtube and there's a huge nod to the 'Silent Running' soundtrack at 40mins in. Well worth a listen. I'm not a fan of iam8bit's silly three month preorders but a few of their releases lately have knocked it out of the park (Rez Infinite in particular) and 'The Last Guardian' soundtrack is orchestral heaven (amazing game too).


I picked this up as well today. Same thing -- I'm not big into gaming soundtracks, but I liked how this one sounded.
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#93949 Ninja Gaiden I & II and the box set are up. Mondo should get some too (not sure about the box set). The signed copies sold out immediately. Brave wave is the label.
User avatar
By SpaceCadet
#94115 While I'm not the biggest fan of Silent Hill 1's soundtrack, 2 and 3 are fucking must haves in my opinion. Some wild, out there trip hop orchestral work, it's hard to describe.
User avatar
By blue15
#95911
TombRaider.png

Just a few hours to go on the TOMB RAIDER SUITE Re-Record Kickstarter campaign, including the vinyl edition. The pledge amount has been topped with 2,470 backers so far.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... ?ref=email

"The original Tomb Raider music by Nathan McCree, extended and re-recorded with a live orchestra at Abbey Road Studios, London. "

£60 or more (About $78)
TOMB RAIDER SUITE SILVER KEY
You will receive a Limited Edition Double Vinyl Album of The Tomb Raider Suite, exclusive to this Kickstarter Campaign and signed by the composer, Nathan McCree. You will also be able to download this unique recording onto your favorite device.
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#95913 Datadiscs are releasing the sonic mania OST on vinyl. The music pays serious homage to the original sonic osts, as does the game. Would not be surprised if this sells out super quick.
Also fingers crossed for more sonic ondata discs

https://soundcloud.com/duivenmans/sonic ... on-youtube
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#96013 ALTERED BEAST is on sale NOW on Data Discs site. Handful of the limited splatters still available but you probably only have a few minutes to get one.

Been waiting a long time for this one.

POWERRRR UPPP!!!!!!!


DATA DISCS label
User avatar
By monsterworship
#96063
texasvinyl wrote:ALTERED BEAST is on sale NOW on Data Discs site. Handful of the limited splatters still available but you probably only have a few minutes to get one.

Been waiting a long time for this one.

POWERRRR UPPP!!!!!!!


DATA DISCS label



my first data disc pickup, i went for the orange from Mondo...
love some Altered Beast
By abedunk
#97353 For fans of classic video game music and modern jazz, the all-star Seattle jazz group Contraband plays jazz versions of music from Contra - they have a brand new album coming soon, with live shows around the Northwest under D'Vonne Lewis Limited Edition. Led by sax player Cliff Colon, featuring D'Vonne on drums, Andy Coe - guitar, Farko Dosumov - electric bass, Eric Verlinde - keys/synths, Jacques Willis - vibes and J. Charles on alto sax. http://contrabandreloaded.com/ Pretty cool to my ears! Here's one of their latest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaNnSL8AT9w
User avatar
By Mateo Sanboval
#97355
abedunk wrote:For fans of classic video game music and modern jazz, the all-star Seattle jazz group Contraband plays jazz versions of music from Contra - they have a brand new album coming soon, with live shows around the Northwest under D'Vonne Lewis Limited Edition. Led by sax player Cliff Colon, featuring D'Vonne on drums, Andy Coe - guitar, Farko Dosumov - electric bass, Eric Verlinde - keys/synths, Jacques Willis - vibes and J. Charles on alto sax. http://contrabandreloaded.com/ Pretty cool to my ears! Here's one of their latest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaNnSL8AT9w

Haha! Awesome post, Abe. I've known one of the above mentioned for about fifteen years; they and I have a great friend in common. Thanks for the heads up on this.