Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
#98762 $6,600, wow!!!

I think you're right it must be some psych collectors bidding, that stuff often goes for a tidy sum. But this is just an absurd amount of money to spend on a record, it's more than my car is worth!!
By ScoJo
#98765 ...and (dare I add this??)....listened to the LP on YT, and it's really not particularly amazing (?)

Italian session guys doing R+B psych jams.....hmmm, might be missing something 'extraordinary' here (beyond the
fact that it was a very limited pressing). Are there some super notable players on it or summat?

Ps. I just dropped a max bid of 8000 euros. IT WILL BE MIIIIIIIINE!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
By ScoJo
texasvinyl wrote:I really like this record a lot, but Cinedelic did a super nice replica reissue and that's good enough for me!!

@texas - fair do's my man, I'm just always curious as to the reasons 'why' when silly shit like this goes down....and this rekkid just didn't jump out at me (all personal taste aside n all that, of course heheh)

For instance, after 2minutes of Under Pompelmo, I knew immediately and exactly why people would paid 1000 for the OG. But then, there's that famous Gonsalves jazz LP that goes for big dollar, and I've listened to that and was completely 'hmmmm, don't get it' but then looking into it, turns out it was because there was a very low number pressed/it was an aborted release or something - so it's scarcity (and his notability) made it a bit more sensical (UNLOCKED! Achievement for first ever legit use of the word 'sensical' online! BING BING BING!!!)
By texasvinyl
#98891 Image

Traded an Instagram buddy for this really lovely and chill I Marc 4 record, I think one of their best ones. Nice to have a first press too, most of my I Marc records are 2nd pressings with the brown covers.
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:Biologia Marina with a dinged cover sold on eBay for $565, goddamn some folks are mighty thirsty

I watched it jump about $300 in the final few. Wild times.
By ScoJo
#99109 Okay @million....I've put up with your flagrantly flaunting your library gold, but now you've just gone too fackin' far mate!!

By ScoJo
#99120 @million -

I've never even seen the OGs all together like that.....brings a tear of joy, all kidding aside great to hear that their owner takes such great pleasure in the music :D

Btw, did you get the recent Trunk archives release of Kirchin bits n bobs? Some truly fascinating tracks....I've always dreamt of a full release of The Freakmaker (aka Mutations) and a proper release of The Shuttered Room.

Everyone - just take a few minutes and drink this shit in (both visually and sonically...), the first 4min opening title sequence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcQpeIWgeXE
By milliondollars
#99124 @ScoJo: yes, got that Trunk sampler, indeed!! this selection is driving me crazy as i know that there must be so much unreleased scores sitting somewhere...

some of the Basil Kirchin stuff is truly beautiful, just like the intro of the youtube clip you have posted. really love it! many thanks!

did you see these boots by the way? they appeared on ebay several times but i did not have the courage to grab them. i bet these will be banned from discogs sooner or later. have the hope that these will be released on vinyl officially one day...

https://www.discogs.com/artist/202191-B ... Unofficial
By ScoJo
milliondollars wrote:@ScoJo: yes, got that Trunk sampler, indeed!! this selection is driving me crazy as i know that there must be so much unreleased scores sitting somewhere...

some of the Basil Kirchin stuff is truly beautiful, just like the intro of the youtube clip you have posted. really love it! many thanks!

did you see these boots by the way? they appeared on ebay several times but i did not have the courage to grab them. i bet these will be banned from discogs sooner or later. have the hope that these will be released on vinyl officially one day...

https://www.discogs.com/artist/202191-B ... Unofficial

Thanks for the link, I didn't know about those but it doesn't surprise me. Sadly, I would have been tempted but I don't buy CDs. In fact, don't own a single one! :D
By texasvinyl
#99211 Did anyone bid on that montparnasse lot? It was one copy of every record in the catalog plus some CDs. Went higher than I could afford unfortunately, would have been awesome to have a complete set like that.
By texasvinyl
#99222 $12 per LP, generally they would all sell for at least $10 with most in the $15-30 range and a small handful that are 100-300. So it is still a pretty solid value despite the high sticker.
By Mateo Sanboval
#99226 I'm sure it's a good value and more than worth it to someone, but that's a lot of dimp.
By milliondollars
#99242 yeah...seen that. really nice to have all on the shelf but on the other hand there is too much rubbish that i would never listen to. picked up the cherries over the past years. i dare to say that the best 10 or 15 are better to own than the full catalogue...
By milliondollars
#99257 another odd series spread over different labels of the Leonardi catalogue. (damn! i need to crack the code one day!)

i guess all of these came from one big session where they tried to make their take on the modern 'american' music styles from the 70s. they cover many genres such as jazz, funk, [psychedelic] rock and even folk. each one is credited to a different composer:

Remigio Ducros
Daniela Casa
Paolo Casa

the funniest thing about it is that Remigio Ducros is (or was) Daniela Casa's husband and Paolo Casa is (or was) her cousin. it't a family thing! and a very good one, too! fun listen with some killer compositions.

something really strange is that accroding Leonardi Edizioni right holders N.1 was released in 1977, N.2 in 1975 (!?) and N.3 in 1977. it gets even more odd because the cover art of N.2 has the year 1972 written on it. why in the hell would they make the cover like 3 or even 5 years earlier for something that was like a standard library product for them!? either this release was something really special to them or there is some unknown mysterious story behind it. we wil never know and that's the exciting thing about it...

cover art of N.2 is made by Anna Leonardi which i have added to the discogs database just now as the initials AL are written on it. no question, it has to be her. she has blessed us with so many wonderful, simple and timeles cover designs! the covers of N.1 and N.3 are from somebody else and iwas not able to identify the signature yet.

https://www.discogs.com/Remigio-Ducros- ... se/4477586
https://www.discogs.com/Daniela-Casa-Am ... se/4525959
https://www.discogs.com/Paolo-Casa-Amer ... se/4526004

20171018_184838_resized.jpg

20171018_184949_resized.jpg
By texasvinyl
#99404 Snagged a couple of good library from my local shop. Apparently a local production studio here shut down and the guy brought over like 300 library records.

@million I know you're looking for some specific unnamed USA libraries.. if you're willing to list a few I can see if they have any. Several USA labels some I've never heard of like CRC from here in Dallas.

My favorite is this Capitol Media Music "Action Rock N.6" it's a solid record with some really good drumming.

They had some real nice Chappell and Impress that I sadly couldn't afford right now. I wound up getting this and one other Capitol, one Roger Roger on Chappell, two on Omnimusic and two on Network. Plus one on Rouge called "Cobra" that has a big Air sample on it.
Attachments
IMG_20171021_141206788.jpg