Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
static14 wrote:Image

I need to check this out. On the film commentary track, it was interesting hearing Romero discuss the library cues he used versus some of the Goblin material. I have viewed both versions of the film, but I have not heard the standalone library album.
By ScoJo
#96648 Couple of new platters this week...

This is quite splendid - Mansell really brings the 80s/90s synth pop feels to this emotive score. I get a bit of Depeche, some Boards of Canada, and some late 80s Tangerine Dream (Wavelength comes to mind). Along with typically resonant minimalist piano-based tracks.

Really cool Billy the Butcher sleeve art for Invada too!

IMG_2534.jpg

A whole different kettle of fish, this is a glorious sampler of Kirchin tracks put together by Jonny Trunk for a recent weekender celebration of the man in his home city of Hull. Ranges from snippets of kitchen-recorded audio with BK dropping knowledge, to unreleased film cues and experiments (inc. one from Mutations, a long-desired soundtrack of mine!) as well as field recordings and a few cuts from previous now-hard-to-find Trunk-released LPs (Quantum, Primitive London, Charcoal Sketches...)

IMG_2533.jpg
By ScoJo
#96653 @Spun -

I did indeed! I have a long and noble history of sending scribbles to Mr Trunk in exchange for fancy rekkids....this time I went with a Blow Out themed sketch, remaking the scene with the Senheisser/Owl/Car going into the drink!
By Mateo Sanboval
Spun out of control wrote:Nice @ScoJo... both of these are on my 'to do' list... did you have to send Mr Trunk a doodle in the post to get the Kirchin?

ScoJo wrote:@Spun -

I did indeed! I have a long and noble history of sending scribbles to Mr Trunk in exchange for fancy rekkids....this time I went with a Blow Out themed sketch, remaking the scene with the Senheisser/Owl/Car going into the drink!

Um...what?
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:@mateo -

Ma brother, which part, which part?

The doodles for discs exchange program.

The drawing for records lottery.

The sketchy part, yo!
By ScoJo
#96664 @mateo

Haha, yes....well it's true. For a long time Mr Trunk has sent out early copies of releases ( more recently, clear vinyl versions) to mailing listers who send him a cash-stuffed envelope and include a themed sketch. He posts galleries of them on the Trunk site.
By Hatter313
#96673 Yeah I just learned about that myself now that I'm on the mailing list. Those newsletters are always a treat.
By Mateo Sanboval
vinyljunkie wrote:Up next, another recent score!

That's a big favorite for me. Due to its brevity, I stream this quite frequently. Same with Bone Tomahawk.
By vinyljunkie
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
vinyljunkie wrote:Up next, another recent score!

That's a big favorite for me. Due to its brevity, I stream this quite frequently. Same with Bone Tomahawk.

yep, love Bone Tomahawk, especially that last track! Speaking of which, anyone hear the new audiostate called "The Narrow Caves" by S. Craig Zahler?