Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl, The Cult Leader

By Steve Powder
milliondollars wrote:played this one again and it's fantastic!

when it comes to socres, there's only a few that i call must haves. this is one of them. to be honest...i've never seen the Hanged Man but who cares? the score is bangin!

one year later all the unreleased cues were pressed up for the Themes International library label, spread over two volumes. these records are kind of milestone for UK library music and highly recommended.

https://www.discogs.com/Bullet-The-Hang ... se/1510724

I've seen a few times in a couple situations, never known it before, before I knew that it was cues to the Themes catalogue. I got to know it when I was beginning to listen to libs. I went there again and it was gone :O. I will grab it next time I see it, maybe at a record fair. It's not rare is it?

EDIT. Theres quite a lot of these solid and great libs for cheap.... on Discogs. I like these recommendations. Sometimes the prices go up alot in a short time like in that univers de la mer record. hmm.
By NathanLurker
#94906 Image

I remember one evening when my parents came home from some errands and came back unexpectedly with this game. Me and my brother already knew the first Contra, and we had to play the game right away. So much excitement. Contra the Alien Wars is still one of my favorite game we've owned from the SNES era. I think I might even prefer this soundtrack to the 1st one.
By NathanLurker
#94907 Image

I think the first Anime I ever saw was Patlabor 1 and 2, on TV, and then this might be the second one I ever saw, and was part of the same ''Anime event'' where they would show these late at night. The scene at the beginning where the Ninjas meet their end at the hands of Tessai, the rock guy, is cut like a horror movie, and that scene is intense and truly terrifying. Love the music that plays at that moment. There's nothing quite like this movie.
By Hatter313
#94910 That southbound score is killer
By NathanLurker
Hatter313 wrote:That southbound score is killer

It IS yes ! I was pleasantly surprised by this blind buy when I got it 2 months ago.

---

Ah those good old days of being a DeathWaltz subscriber. What a beautiful release this is. Superb sound, superb packaging. Top notch.
By deafmetal
#94916 @Nathan - Well said regarding Ninja Scroll. It certainly leaves a unique impression, and is one of the Yoshiaki Kawajiri films I keep revisiting over the years. The early segment you mentioned with Tessai really sets the tone... Also, great spins. Nice to see Assault on Precinct 13 on the table. Southbound is really enjoyable. Glad I picked that one up.

Heading into Friday night with this gem:
By Spun out of control
#94922 Great shots @Nathan and cool spins as ever @Deaf.

Slowly working my way through this year's Record Store Day purchases. Anyone else grab this one?

Echoes of the Third Man in Morricone's main theme here... and an oddly upbeat jazz track for cue number 5 - otherwise as slinky, lush, menacing and Italian sounding as expected. The clear blue vinyl is also rather cool.
Attachments
Ennio Morricone Rustblade Records RSD 2017 Bluebeard LP.jpg
By Spun out of control
#94923 Next up, another RSD release... mellow tunes with soft vaguely orgasmic moaning in the background.

Quite a nice package - although images printed a bit soft & there seems to be a debate over whether this is a bootleg or not?
Attachments
Ike Reiko you baby RSD 2017.jpg
By Bezulsqy
deafmetal wrote:Image
I love that this version has the metal tracks by Saxon, Pretty Maids, and Accept!

ImageAccept - Fast As A Shark - early speed metal, just rips, and check out the guitar duo at 2:15:

I really would like a copy of this as well :-)
By Bezulsqy
NathanLurker wrote:Image

I think the first Anime I ever saw was Patlabor 1 and 2, on TV, and then this might be the second one I ever saw, and was part of the same ''Anime event'' where they would show these late at night. The scene at the beginning where the Ninjas meet their end at the hands of Tessai, the rock guy, is cut like a horror movie, and that scene is intense and truly terrifying. Love the music that plays at that moment. There's nothing quite like this movie.

I think a tv show on the BBC from Jonathan Ross introduced me to Patlabor and some other animes. After watching those I bought a lot of anime dvd's. Ninja Scroll is definitely one of my favorites.
By static14
#95091 @Tim yes it does! Legend of 1900 sounds great aside from a nasty pop on side one. Hopefully a good cleaning takes care of that. Otherwise its a very nice pressing. Has me looking foward to wolf and some of the other releases :)
By J.R.
NathanLurker wrote:Image

I have to ask, who published this record?!? I must have it!