Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
Jimmy_Mike wrote:This is lovely:

Daisaku Kume: Violent Cop
https://www.twoheadeddog.com/daisaku-ku ... dition-lp/

Looks like lots coming out from Cinema-Kan. Can anyone set these releases into some context?

Wow!! If all those CD releases get the vinyl treatment I will be a broke man.
Classic Kaiju era Shunsuke Kikuchi, yes please!!
Some nice Ifukube there too.

Looks like the label have also reissued a bunch of classic Kaiju tokusatsu comps from the 70/80s also, on CD.

I see Branded to Kill is there, this was released for record store Day in Japan. A nice Jazzy score from what I've heard.

Apperently a lot of never before released material from the master tapes amongst all those releases.
By monsterworship
Dollarhyde wrote:
Jimmy_Mike wrote:This is lovely:

Daisaku Kume: Violent Cop
https://www.twoheadeddog.com/daisaku-ku ... dition-lp/

Looks like lots coming out from Cinema-Kan. Can anyone set these releases into some context?

Wow!! If all those CD releases get the vinyl treatment I will be a broke man.
Classic Kaiju era Shunsuke Kikuchi, yes please!!
Some nice Ifukube there too.

Looks like the label have also reissued a bunch of classic Kaiju tokusatsu comps from the 70/80s also, on CD.

I see Branded to Kill is there, this was released for record store Day in Japan. A nice Jazzy score from what I've heard.

Apperently a lot of never before released material from the master tapes amongst all those releases.

I have the Cinema-kan: Frakenstein Conquers the World and the War of The Gargantuas. They are super sick.
would love to do both of those on vinyl. Toho, sigh.
By deafmetal
monsterworship wrote:I have the Cinema-kan: Frakenstein Conquers the World and the War of The Gargantuas. They are super sick. would love to do both of those on vinyl. Toho, sigh.

Toho kaijū soundtracks on Lunaris Records needs to happen! They can't all end up being Cheddar Bros bootlegs...
By Dollarhyde
deafmetal wrote:
monsterworship wrote:I have the Cinema-kan: Frakenstein Conquers the World and the War of The Gargantuas. They are super sick. would love to do both of those on vinyl. Toho, sigh.

Toho kaijū soundtracks on Lunaris Records needs to happen! They can't all end up being Cheddar Bros bootlegs...

Agreed, this needs to happen! I have no time, or money for bootlegs.

Godzilla Vs Megalon would be awesome too.
By Mateo Sanboval
#109155 Did the Lakeshore reissue of te original Hellraiser have binus cues?

Also, I zeroed in on Kume's Violent Cop as well as the three CD treatment of Toshiaki's Battles Without Honor And Humanity. The rest are unknown to me, but I'd like to change that...
By NathanLurker
deafmetal wrote:
NathanLurker wrote:Varese's new vinyl offering is a 2LP edition of JERRY GOLDSMITH's score for STAR TREK NEMESIS.

http://found.ee/StTrNemesisLP

Oh f me.... could Varese be trusted to delivered a non-destroyed pressing? I really want this one.

I'm taking the chance. My copy of Ghost of Mars isnt bad, and I don't want to miss out on Nemesis (750 copies). If you haven't pull the trigger by then, I'll let you know how it is.
By tim28212
NathanLurker wrote:
deafmetal wrote:
NathanLurker wrote:Varese's new vinyl offering is a 2LP edition of JERRY GOLDSMITH's score for STAR TREK NEMESIS.

http://found.ee/StTrNemesisLP

Oh f me.... could Varese be trusted to delivered a non-destroyed pressing? I really want this one.

I'm taking the chance. My copy of Ghost of Mars isnt bad, and I don't want to miss out on Nemesis (750 copies). If you haven't pull the trigger by then, I'll let you know how it is.

I'm taking the chance also. Ghost Of Mars is the only bad one I've received from them. All others have been outstanding.

@jimmy, I can't comment on their release of The Omen, I passed on it since I had the Mondo expanded and 2 originals.
By NathanLurker
#109295 Mondo's newsletter announced that they're distributing Strange Discs' release of the NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1990) score. preorder available wednesday, expected to ship in November
By ScoJo
NathanLurker wrote:Mondo's newsletter announced that they're distributing Strange Discs' release of the NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1990) score. preorder available wednesday, expected to ship in November

Very cool, Paul McCullough (Midnight, The Crazies) yeaah! Love the art too.
By Hatter313
#109300 is this the original recording or am i right in remembering that those don't exist anymore and this is a rerecording. I have the digital copy of this and I seem to remember that they were a rerecording but i'm not 100% on that. either way, i'm for sure gonna try to pick that up, fun score.
By NathanLurker
Hatter313 wrote:is this the original recording or am i right in remembering that those don't exist anymore and this is a rerecording. I have the digital copy of this and I seem to remember that they were a rerecording but i'm not 100% on that. either way, i'm for sure gonna try to pick that up, fun score.

Interesting. I guess we'll have to wait for OWS/StrangeDiscs to publish their press release infos, but this page does mention that the 2002 CD was a re-recorded score (click link) and the discogs page for that release (click link) confirms that i was recorded on May 3, 4, 5, 11, 12, 2002 . no mentions of wether the original recordings were lost though.....