Moderators: lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl, The Cult Leader

By ScoJo
#98453 Big thanks for the intel on this, @JG!

My reaction, fwiw:

Night of the Living Dead and Sorcerer would both need to be expanded in some way to reel me in.
House 1& 2 and Prom Night - YESS! Can't tell how often I am hovering near to snagging the OGs of both, neither of which is cheap these days! Very happy indeed to hear about these.
Other Tangerine Dream releases - cool! Be interesting to see if there are any which have not previously been issued...
It (1990) - Great! It's a really cracking score.
The Exorcist (They were talking about the rejected score for the Exorcist, but something about not currently releasing due to respecting someones wishes.) - Damn, that's a shame - I really thought they were doing the Schifrin :( No interest in straight re-ish on this one.
Drag Me to Hell - Fucking A!

All in all, I'm pretty excited for what they have in store then, they will probably be getting a fistful of orders from me :D
By NathanLurker
#98457 Notld is a tough one to find and I don't have the OG so I'm pretty happy I didn't spend up of a 100$ for one, now that I know it's getting re-issued.
I have the house 1&2 OG though, I might let it go and get the Waxwork instead. I'm a completist and a subber for waxwork so I'm gonna get it either way.
I'm excited for most of these announcement. even the regular Exorcist re-issue, even if it's not expanded, because that's such an iconic & essential movie/score... I don't mind double dipping. I do hope they release the rejected lalo schiffrin score at some point, maybe on a 10'' or something.
By Mateo Sanboval
#98458 Tangerine Dream's Miracle Mile score (essentially a Paul Haslinger project) was recently reissued and expanded on CD and it's fantastic. Maybe Waxwork would bring something like this to the table for vinyl fans.
By blue15
#98459 It would be nice to see more premiere releases - stuff that has never seen the light of day on any format - instead of vinyl reissues & vinyl editions of previous CD editions. How many already own Intrada's IT? Lakeshore's DRAG ME TO HELL? KONG: SKULL ISLAND? THIEF? Here's a list of upcoming WW titles mentioned on their Facebook live Q&A a couple days ago:

The Babadook
House / House II
Night of the Living Dead (68)
Sorcerer
Cruising (4LP)
Stephen Kings It (3LP)
Drag Me to Hell
Kong: Skull Island
Friday the 13th: The Game
Friday the 13th Part IV
Eyes of the Mother
The Exorcist
Re-Animator (Re-Press in 2018)
Queen of Earth
Friday the 13th (Re-Press)
Get Out
French Connection
Near Dark
Alice Sweet Alice
Thief
Prom Night

There's more stuff in the works that wasn't mentioned. Also a re-press of THE THING (in collaboration with someone else this time). Some of these upcoming titles above should do real well as the previous editions are long out of print. But it would be fun to see upcoming titles like FLESH GORDON (the tracks are out there), NURSE 3-D, etc. The album artwork alone would sell copies.

FleshGordon_cover500.jpg
By ScoJo
#98460 @blue -

Where in the name of holy heck did you hear abut a Cruising 4LP set??! Are you freaking kidding me?!

My mind is literally reeling right now, until I hear more from you on this....because if that's indeed what I think it is - that will be release of the year for me without a doubt.
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:@blue -

Where in the name of holy heck did you hear abut a Cruising 4LP set??! Are you freaking kidding me?!

My mind is literally reeling right now, until I hear more from you on this....because if that's indeed what I think it is - that will be release of the year for me without a doubt.

No shit. What on Earth is this?

Also, French Connection would be awesome on vinyl. There is so much of Don Ellis' amazing music for this film to choose from. It'd be a big time release for me as well. I should go back and read that chat as I haven't seen those titles mentioned anywhere else.
By blue15
#98462 @ScoJo:

I copied/pasted the list from the Waxwork Records Fan Page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/4867061 ... highlights

This is where the live Q&A with Kevin was hosted. This list was posted by Shon Wheeler, the page admin, who was writing down titles as Kevin mentioned them. The fan page is a closed group, so if you're not onboard, send him a request.
By ScoJo
#98463 @blue -

Thank you brother *thumbs aloft* :D

@mateo -

You are on point, sir. In my Cruising excitement, the FC news didn't register as fully as it should. Dayumm!

As for further Friedkin titles....is it possible..... we could get......(holds breath...) Jade??
By Bezulsqy
#98558 I don't know what to say...
You beautiful Waxwork people!

What a list.

And next week it is Friday the 13th...

But why already start selling the new subscription in October? There is already so much coming out in the next four weeks...
I hope all the labels will spread their releases a bit more. It seems the first 6 months of 2017 were relatively quiet. But September and October are crazy.
By Bezulsqy
NMA wrote:And don't forget that WW 2018 Subscription will be this month as well :)

That is going to be an easy pass for me if they don't do anything different than last year. Costs for me became to high.
And I expect they will keep the subscription option available for at least one month and maybe untill the end of the year.
By NathanLurker
#98938 regarding the subscriptions renewal for waxwork, did I miss the announcement ? usually it's in December.
there seem to be only one edition available for the F13 so I guess I'll wait for it to reach the distros. same for Exorcist unless there's a special edition I can't pass on.
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:https://twitter.com/waxworkrecords/status/918108638635548672

Does anyone still have some money left for this:

I'm surprised this is 2LPs. I haven't seen this in a minute, but I wouldn't have guessed that the film contained that much original music.
By slik
#98954 Subscription usually stays open 'til December 31st. It'll be odd for it to go on sale this month as they still haven't fulfilled this years yet. But hey, record buying is becoming a greater mystery than what's the next release? Repress is the new....? new I guess.....
By Hatter313
slik wrote:Subscription usually stays open 'til December 31st. It'll be odd for it to go on sale this month as they still haven't fulfilled this years yet. But hey, record buying is becoming a greater mystery than what's the next release? Repress is the new....? new I guess.....

I think they said somewhere that it was due to the previous subs going up int he middle of holiday shopping and not wanting to drop an expensive item in the middle of that.
By SpaceCadet
#99197 I'd love to purchase the Friday the 13th records but their limited availability is what keeps me out. I don't have the time or money in the world to purchase in the small windows they seem to be around, which really blows but oh well. There's always other music to buy.

Great scores though!
By Bezulsqy
SpaceCadet wrote:I'd love to purchase the Friday the 13th records but their limited availability is what keeps me out. I don't have the time or money in the world to purchase in the small windows they seem to be around, which really blows but oh well. There's always other music to buy.

Great scores though!

There releases are not so limited anymore. Both variants for Friday the 13th The Final Chapter are still available. Also are most of their other 201 7 releases.
By SpaceCadet
Bezulsqy wrote:There releases are not so limited anymore. Both variants for Friday the 13th The Final Chapter are still available. Also are most of their other 201 7 releases.

Yeah I had to break down and get The Final Chapter- it's just too damn comprehensive in terms of F13 sounds!