Moderators: The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:check https://www.instagram.com/p/Br4LXp4H37H/

I am reading in those tags:
Exorcist 2 released in fall (October 2019)

Nice digging! I'd guess it's Sorcerer. Since one of those tags references Friedkin and another the 1970s. Plus they already announced it as a 2019 title. There was a list of scores that Kevin dropped in a live Q&A from a couple of years back in which he also teased an expanded Cruising (though that's 1980) and (I think) French Connection as well. I'd love either one of those (or Exorcist 2) over Sorcerer, but I think that's what we'll get.

PS - Waxwork appears to be fully in bed with Friedkin. If I remembering correctly, the not very thinly veiled reason they chose ultimately to not include the previously announced Lalo Schifrin rejected score was in deference to the director.
By havershaw
#113323 BTW (this thread becoming active again is reminding me), I don’t know if anyone else found the Beetlejuice reissue to be totally underwhelming, but it sure made me appreciate the original 1988 pressing.
I compared both (I have a slightly battered original pressing and then the split black/white Waxwork) and the Waxwork is overly bright - sometimes the loud horn blasts are borderline distorted to me.
Neither one has particularly rich low end, but the original sounds way more balanced and dynamic, at least to my ear, anyway.
And the black part of the split is noticeably noisier and there’s a slightly audible bump when the color changes.
By Bezulsqy
Mateo Sanboval wrote:

Nice digging! I'd guess it's Sorcerer. Since one of those tags references Friedkin and another the 1970s. Plus they already announced it as a 2019 title. There was a list of scores that Kevin dropped in a live Q&A from a couple of years back in which he also teased an expanded Cruising (though that's 1980) and (I think) French Connection as well. I'd love either one of those (or Exorcist 2) over Sorcerer, but I think that's what we'll get.

PS - Waxwork appears to be fully in bed with Friedkin. If I remembering correctly, the not very thinly veiled reason they chose ultimately to not include the previously announced Lalo Schifrin rejected score was in deference to the director.

You are definitely right about the Friedkin connection.
And a shame about the Lalo Schifrin score. Would love to see that release.

My reasoning behind my Exorcist 2 guess is the mention of the Pazuzu tag. If I am not mistaken there is no mention of Pazuzu by name in the Exorcist. In part 2 he does play a part. And the movie is from 1977.
But we will see. Sorcerer was already mentioned. As was French COnnection and Cruising. So we will surely see those.
It is going to be another expensive year :-)
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:

You are definitely right about the Friedkin connection.
And a shame about the Lalo Schifrin score. Would love to see that release.

My reasoning behind my Exorcist 2 guess is the mention of the Pazuzu tag. If I am not mistaken there is no mention of Pazuzu by name in the Exorcist. In part 2 he does play a part. And the movie is from 1977.
But we will see. Sorcerer was already mentioned. As was French COnnection and Cruising. So we will surely see those.
It is going to be another expensive year :-)

By God, I think you may be right about that. The Pazuzu statue and idol are definitely shown in The Exorcist, but I'm not certain they ever utter its name.
By ScoJo
#113340 What with their burgeoning relationship with Friedkin seemingly leading to a number of releases, as pointed out by mateo, Exorcist II would certainly be an (aherm) interesting choice!

"It's as bad as seeing a traffic accident in the street. It was horrible. It's just a stupid mess made by a dumb guy."
- William Friedkin on Exorcist II
By inksb
havershaw wrote:BTW (this thread becoming active again is reminding me), I don’t know if anyone else found the Beetlejuice reissue to be totally underwhelming, but it sure made me appreciate the original 1988 pressing.
I compared both (I have a slightly battered original pressing and then the split black/white Waxwork) and the Waxwork is overly bright - sometimes the loud horn blasts are borderline distorted to me.
Neither one has particularly rich low end, but the original sounds way more balanced and dynamic, at least to my ear, anyway.
And the black part of the split is noticeably noisier and there’s a slightly audible bump when the color changes.

Thanks for the info @havershaw, this stuff makes me feel better about not dropping $45 on it.
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:What with their burgeoning relationship with Friedkin seemingly leading to a number of releases, as pointed out by mateo, Exorcist II would certainly be an (aherm) interesting choice!

"It's as bad as seeing a traffic accident in the street. It was horrible. It's just a stupid mess made by a dumb guy."
- William Friedkin on Exorcist II

Poor Boorman. So misunderstood.
By Bezulsqy
texasvinyl wrote:Anyone go for the sub? First one I'm sitting out. Wonder what the secret release will be.

Yes, I am going for it. I passed on sub 3 but the others I have.
By ScoJo
#113369 Or how about this:

Exorcist III!

What with WW putting all that love into DeVorzon's Warriors release, and his ExIII score is so far unissued on vinyl. (Doesn't Pazuzu play a role in the film?)
By NathanLurker
texasvinyl wrote:Anyone go for the sub? First one I'm sitting out. Wonder what the secret release will be.

Can't afford the subscription this year. I've been a subber since the beginning so, I've got Fear of Missing Out, but I just can't afford it. It's okay though, I'll pick up the titles individually and it's gonna be less expensive in the end.
By inksb
#113662 They went all out for the Prowler, the design of everything is top notch. Not at the top of my list to buy but maybe down the road if it doesn't sell out.
By deafmetal
inksb wrote:They went all out for the Prowler, the design of everything is top notch. Not at the top of my list to buy but maybe down the road if it doesn't sell out.

Ditto, I am not familiar with this one, but the preview suite is very compelling. I loved Einhorn's Shock Waves album.