Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By monsterworship
Dollarhyde wrote:@monster

It's a 2xlp half of side 4 has some really great bgm cuts. The rest of the album is, I think, the entire audio of the movie. What's really great though is the music is all on the left channel and the dialogue and fx all on the right.
Also it comes with a pretty remarkable large fold out poster.

Curious if other drama lps on Starchild are done this way.

In regard to all the hissatsu lps I would say some seem to be better than others. Not listened to them all yet but generally it seems the earlier the series the better the music, there were like over 20 series I think. Working out which belongs to which series isn't easy either. I grabbed them all in a lot auction.

yeah, i have a really nice copy of frankenstein. i think a lot of Starchild has dialogue. i probably have 10 or so.
By 334578rpm
#102653 Hellraiser cube arrived today. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. Some of the pics online made it look massive! But it's a pretty reasonable size. The inside is solid and lined with felt with about an inch wide slit in the middle to house the records. It's a nice touch and prevents them from sliding around in transit (although it can't be used to store anything else).
Tonight I'm watching Cloverfield Paradox, but I plan on giving it a listen tomorrow.
By deafmetal
#103090 I have been grabbing a few more Mondo test presses that are surfacing, including a very interesting title.....

Stage Fright expanded 45rpm 2LP album with Stefano Mainetti/Simon Boswell tracks! Anybody else hear about this at MondoCon last year? Supposedly, Ghoulish Gary's artwork was too similar to the Boswell/Flick records release, and the whole project was scrapped? Insane.... it sounds excellent. Tracklist is similar to the Deliria album on Lucertola Media.

All of these test pressings are sounding nice and clean.
By Spun out of control
#103091 @deafmetal... good scoop there buddy, had no idea this was under consideration by Mondo for vinyl release (or if it was, I'd forgotten). Thank you also for directing me towards that Deliria CD release earlier.

I wonder how many other titles make it to test pressings and fall by the wayside? I recall someone getting a test press of the mooted Charlotte Hatherley Death Waltz Originals release that never went any further. Would've been right up my street too. Sh*t happens, I guess...
By Mateo Sanboval
#103097 @Deaf - Why wouldn't they just commission new Stage Fright artwork rather than scrap the whole project? Great gets, by the bye.

@Spun - Do you know what happened to the Charlotte Weatherly LP? DWO has had something by Matt Akers for ages now and I'm starting to wonder if some things get delayed for a lot longer than I'd previously thought. Like years.
By ScoJo
skeletonbutt wrote:
That looks amazing. Great Job ScoJo!

Now...are you going to release the music you made for that space movie you teased on here a while back? I must have it.

@SB -

Coming this Summer. Just finished off some recording for it then a bit more mixing, want to put it on wax in some form. Have a couple more live shows too.

Before then, O/P will be putting out the 2nd LARVA release...
Last edited by ScoJo on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sam Hain Music
#103648 Hello my name is Sam Hain (not my real name but my alter ego). Nice to see a website/chat room to find many like minded souls who appreciates movie music and OST'S!!. I am from Hull in England and am 31 years old. I like to make my own music and OST for my short stories. I hoping to put some of my own work soon in various place so will keep you posted in you are interested. Though I would share some of my own collection of vinyl , These are mainly includes electronic scores which i adore and use hardware and software synths and sequencers to create my own works. These are just a few of what I have and will put more up shortly :). Keep spinning people!!!
Attachments
WP_20180308_15_52_34_Pro (2).jpg
By NathanLurker
#103657 welcome to the board Sam Hain ! Theses are great titles. The Stranger Things boxset is super nice. although the splatter color they chose... I got a few clicks and pops on my copy, nothing too intrusive fortunately... But usually Invada are pretty good with QC so it might just be me.