Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
#100504 @static - Damn, seam splits right on the spine printing are the worst. I also have a couple splits on my Box of Souls sleeves, but thankfully on the top. Sealed box sets can be notorious for this if the discs are even slightly loose inside the sleeves. I have to say the sleeves look great in the box, and you can reverse the inner box for easy access and album viewing. It's great that the text labels are lined up too -- a nice touch for the OCD crowd.

@skeletonbutt - I am always debating how much energy to put into seam splits. I ask in advance for disc/sleeve separation when I remember to (though usually not for new, sealed LP's), but I don't believe I have ever requested replacement sleeves. I have received many LP's with splits though, and it's always a bummer.
By Bezulsqy
#100510 @Static: that just looks horrible. My stomach turned after seeing that. And I am holding my breath waiting for my box to turn up. Still have not gotten a shipping confirmation though.

Here are some new colorful additions for my collection:

And some extra pics of Gun Fight.
As you can see it is all Japanese. So I had no idea what it contained when I bought it (fairly cheaply). I was intrigued because of the four 12" inserts it contains:
And also it is on red translucent wax. For a record from 1969.
The label states the contents in English thankfully.
The music are covers of some famous (and lesser known) tracks from movies containing gun fights :-)
This release is not yet on Discogs. But when looking for the catalogue number I found this to be in between some other release that are on Discogs which places the date of release at 1969.
A google search found an eBay seller that is selling this for too much money but with some extra info and an audio sample:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GUN-FIGHT-60s- ... Sww9xZITtw
I would not class the music as lounge music jazz though... It is a funny record though.
By Bezulsqy
Little Walter wrote:Gun Fight ain't messin' around. I half expected it to be just track after track of different guns firing. "And now, the sound of an AR-15", etc.

I actually would buy that record as well :-)

On another note: after seeing Statics pics of the destroyed spines of NOES I asked Mondo to take the vinyl out of the sleeves. And they said they would do so. Very nice!
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote:
Little Walter wrote:Gun Fight ain't messin' around. I half expected it to be just track after track of different guns firing. "And now, the sound of an AR-15", etc.

I actually would buy that record as well :-)

On another note: after seeing Statics pics of the destroyed spines of NOES I asked Mondo to take the vinyl out of the sleeves. And they said they would do so. Very nice!

That is awesome. Is that something they've always been willing to do? Either way, good for Mondo. I wonder if they've been besieged a bit with that particular complaint for this box.
By Hatter313
#100567 I got lucky, my box came in perfect condition, but I’m sure they’ll help you out.